Desert Wolf has been appointed as representative of Decon7 in Southern Africa.
D7 ‘Mil Spec’ DF-200
The D7 ‘Mil Spec’ DF-200 proven chemistry neutralizes all currently known chemical and biological warfare agents, rendering them harmless. D7 ‘Mil Spec’ DF-200 is packaged for use with current military equipment and is used by Military and First Responders for CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, Nuclear) mitigation in military theaters throughout the world.
BDAS+ is a ruggedise, ready to use, hand held dispensing system
D7 Sky Disperse is a multirotor drone for aerial application of the D7 ‘Mil Spec’ DF-200 chemistry.
D7 Mobile Foamer is a trailer-based rapid deployment foamer dispersing the D7 ‘Mil Spec’ DF-200 chemistry.
D7 can also be procured in bulk for large scale decontamination applications.
Interested in more information. Visit the D7 website or contact us directly.
Desert Wolf has been appointed as representative of Decon7 in Southern Africa.
The unique synergistic effect of D7’s components makes the multi-part mixture more effective than any of its components alone. Its strong foaming action increases dwell time providing D7 with a significant improvement in environmental results over standard commercial disinfectants. Currently, our solutions are being successfully used in red meat, poultry, RTE, dairy, fruits & vegetables, seafood, and live production. And we’re successfully improving food safety initiatives from farm to fork in almost every food & beverage market segment. Give us your toughest challenge!
You deserve nothing but the best.
The D7 formula was originally developed for the military as a technologically advanced cleaner/disinfectant. One of the best attributes of the D7 product is its foam contact time on vertical and overhead surfaces. Applied in most food and beverage processing environments, our customers reference D7 as the most cost-effective product of its kind as it relates to long-term solutions to micro prevention and remediation. Tie that into our customer-focused food safety consulting, we ensure that you get the right solution in place the first time. Scroll down to learn more about D7 food processing applications.
- Live Production Applications
Layer and Egg live Production
Broiler and Layer Barn Cleaning/Disinfection
Food Processing Applications
Daytime and Nighttime Sanitation
Slaughter, Evisceration, and Further Processing
Harborage areas; cracks, holes, etc.
Interested in more information? Visit the Decon7 Foods website or contact us directly.
We like to think of enterprise architecture (EA) as system engineering for the enterprise. Sources differ on the definition of EA:
ISO/IEC 42010: 2007 defines ‘‘architecture’’ as: ‘‘the fundamental organization of a system, embodied in its components, their relationships to each other and the environment, and the principles governing its design and evolution.’’
TOGAF® defines the term Architecture as having two meanings depending upon the context:
- A formal description of a system or a detailed plan of the system at component level to guide its implementation.
- The structure of components, their inter-relationships and the principles and guidelines governing their design and evolution over time.
Wikipedia sum EA up in the following way:
“To some, 'enterprise architecture' refers either to the structure of a business, or the documents and diagrams that describe that structure. To others, 'enterprise architecture' refers to the business methods that seek to understand and document that structure. A third use of 'enterprise architecture' is a reference to a business team that uses EA methods to produce architectural descriptions of the structure of an enterprise.“
Our experienced EA practitioners are TOGAF 9 certified and generally use the framework when assisting customers with EA.
Below is an extract from TOGAF 9.1 Introduction Chapter addressing the need for EA:
Why do I need an enterprise architecture?
The purpose of enterprise architecture is to optimize across the enterprise the often fragmented legacy of processes (both manual and automated) into an integrated environment that is responsive to change and supportive of the delivery of the business strategy.
Today's CEOs know that the effective management and exploitation of information through IT is a key factor to business success, and an indispensable means to achieving competitive advantage. An enterprise architecture addresses this need, by providing a strategic context for the evolution of the IT system in response to the constantly changing needs of the business environment.
Furthermore, a good enterprise architecture enables you to achieve the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation. It allows individual business units to innovate safely in their pursuit of competitive advantage. At the same time, it ensures the needs of the organization for an integrated IT strategy are met, permitting the closest possible synergy across the extended enterprise.
The advantages that result from a good enterprise architecture bring important business benefits, which are clearly visible in the net profit or loss of a company or organization:
- A more efficient business operation:
- Lower business operation costs
- More agile organization
- Business capabilities shared across the organization
- Lower change management costs
- More flexible workforce
- Improved business productivity
- A more efficient IT operation:
- Lower software development, support, and maintenance costs
- Increased portability of applications
- Improved interoperability and easier system and network management
- Improved ability to address critical enterprise-wide issues like security
- Easier upgrade and exchange of system components
- Better return on existing investment, reduced risk for future investment:
- Reduced complexity in the business and IT
- Maximum return on investment in existing business and IT infrastructure
- The flexibility to make, buy, or out-source business and IT solutions
- Reduced risk overall in new investments and their cost of ownership
- Faster, simpler, and cheaper procurement:
- Buying decisions are simpler, because the information governing procurement is readily available in a coherent plan
- The procurement process is faster - maximizing procurement speed and flexibility without sacrificing architectural coherence
- The ability to procure heterogeneous, multi-vendor open systems
- The ability to secure more economic capabilities
A strong system engineering approach is key to the success of any product. We take clients through the engineering lifecycle to ensure that requirements are well understood and the solution integrates well within the customer environment. We then assist client to manage the design, acquisition and manufacturing process to ensure that requirements are constantly interrogated.
The value of systems engineering is supported by accountability offices internationally. Quoting from a 2012 report (link to http://www.gao.gov/assets/590/589695.pdf) on defence acquisition by the United States Government Accountability Office, "Systems engineering is the primary means for determining whether and how the challenge posed by a program’s requirements can be met with available resources. It is a disciplined learning process that translates capability requirements into specific design features and thus identifies key risks to be resolved. Our prior best practices work has indicated that if detailed systems engineering is done before the start of product development, the program can resolve these risks through trade-offs and additional investments, ensuring that risks have been sufficiently retired or that they are clearly understood and adequately resourced if they are being carried forward.”
SE planning, as documented in an Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), identifies the most effective and efficient path to deliver a capability, from identifying user needs and concepts through delivery and sustainment. SE event-driven technical reviews and audits assess program maturity and determine the status of the technical risks associated with cost, schedule and performance goals.
Additional SE benefits are that it:
- Supports development of realistic and achievable program performance, schedule and cost goals as documented in the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) documents, Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) and Acquisition Strategy (AS).
- Provides the end-to-end, integrated perspective of the technical activities and processes across the system life cycle, including how the system fits into a larger system of systems (SoS) construct.
- Emphasizes the use of integrated, consistent and repeatable processes to reduce risk while maturing and managing the technical baseline. The final product baseline forms the basis for production, sustainment, future changes and upgrades.
- Provides insight into system life-cycle resource requirements and impacts on human health and the environment.
Our qualitied system engineers are available to assist you throughout the acquisition process. We adapt system engineering principles to ensure that even smaller projects meet or exceed the requirement of the customer.
Are your process out of control? Or do you need to optimise a process to increase throughput, reduce cost and eliminate waste? We can assist.
We have extensive experience in process analysis, monitoring and improvement in the food and beverage product manufacturing and packaging industries.
Our industry knowledge, together with our expertise in system engineering, software and SCADA systems and manufacturing, is a differentiating factor to enable timely process analysis and diagnosis of problems. We engage client teams to understand specific processes and their perceived problems, followed by onsite process evaluation and analysis.
We specialise in short, effective engagements and share every step of our investigation and journey to a recommendation with the client. We also understand the importance of plant and system availability, as well as the benefits of integration with integration with existing systems and solutions in your enterprise.
The PD-100 is the first airborne and commercially available Personal Reconnaissance System. It provides end users with a highly mobile sensor system providing an immediate Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance capability.
Black Hornet 2 nano sensors
The Black Hornet 2 nano sensors are inherently safe and pose virtually no risk to other air vehicles or personnel, allowing the system to be operated almost anywhere at any time without prior airspace coordination. The Black Hornet’s small size and electric motors makes it virtually inaudible and invisible beyond short distances.
- Rotor span 120 mm
- Mass 18 g including cameras
- Maximum speed 5 m/s
- Endurance up to 25 minutes
- Digital data link beyond 1600 m line-of-sight
- GPS navigation or visual navigation through video
- Autopilot with autonomous and directed modes
- Hover & Stare, pre-planned routes
- Steerable EO cameras (pan/yaw and tilt)
- Live video and snapshot images
- Search and rescue
- Reconnaissance in confined areas
- Look behind, between and below obstacles
- Birds eye view for situational awareness
- Object identification
- Proximity surveillance
- Crowd control
- Inspect nuclear installations
- Check chemical plants after incidents and accidents
- Transportable – complete system fits inside a pocket
- Ready to fly – airborne within one minute
- Fly it anywhere – in confined areas and outdoors
- Stealth – small and inaudible
- Easy to operate – requires little training and no pilot experience
- Safe – represents no risks to other aircraft or personnel
- Affordable – reusable or expendable
The Desert Wolf BOMA 250+ man diesel-fired field kitchen uses state of the art technology to prepare a variety of meals for 250 to 400 people. Some features:
The BOMA 250+ Mobile Field Kitchen is a truly state of the art product, enabling your chefs to prepare food on the large mutli-purpose griddle and oven, both with independent temperature control, in the most rugged, remote locations.
The BOMA consist of the following components:
- The BOMA Diesel Stove which can be used independently, as a stove in any location. The Diesel Stove can be removed from the trailer with ease
- The BOMA all-terrain trailer, based on the legendary Desert Wolf off-road chassis with stabiliser arms
- The BOMA tent, designed to enable use of the BOMA in even adverse weather conditions.
BOMA Diesel Stove
The BOMA is designed so that two chefs can use the system together with interfering with each other and competing for space in front of the GRIDDLE or OVEN. The BOMA is actually two stoves in one!
The dual diesel heat sources are tuned to burn optimally with no black sooth and is pulsed on and off for accurate temperature control.
Control System Features
- Simplistic control system with graphical user interface, incorporating:
- Independent temperature adjustment for oven and griddle top
- Temperature display for stove top and oven
- Programmable modes
- Recipe database
- How-to guides
- User manuals
- Troubleshooting guides
- Maintenance manuals
- The control systems runs from the tablet that is permanently mounted
- Dual diesel burners with clean burning technology
- Single stage operation (on/off).
- Compatible with any type of combustion chamber.
- High pressure mechanical atomisation of fuel using nozzle.
- Ability to obtain optimal combustion values by regulating combustion air and blast-pipe.
- Maintenance facilitated by the fact that the atomisation unit can be removed without having to remove the burner from the boiler. Manual air flow adjustment.
- Dual diesel filter system accommodating multi-grade diesel
- Combined heat output is 85kW
- Burners controlled electronically and independently
- 35 liter diesel tank with
- Filled by jerry can with spill-proof lip
- Drain valve
- Dual glass level-windows
- Dual diesel filters in-line to diesel burners
- One tank feeds both burners
- The system requires a 220V AC supply for burners fans and diesel pump
- < 0.8 kW required when both burners are running
- < 3.0 kW required when optional geyser is installed and switched on
- 220V AC can be supplied from camp power system or with a separate generator (not supplied)
- System can be supplied with an optional solar power system, consisting of solar panels, regulator, battery and inverter
- System equipped with emergency power On/Off switch, db-board with earth leakage and trip switches, burner active switch, 12V military trip switch and 12V switch for optional LED lights and optional water pressure pump
- The large oven with accurate temperature control has a door on each side
- Digital temperature control
- Width: 700mm
- Depth: 1200mm
- Heights: 500mm
- Volume: 420 litre
Multi-purpose Griddle Plate
- This large plate is used as cooking surface for pot or directly as frying surface
- Digital temperature control
- Equipped with fat trap for easy cleaning
- Accessible from both ends
- Length: 1320mm
- Width: 800mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Volume: 47.5 litre
- Height from floor: 900mm
Hot water tank / Bain Marie
- Situated next to griddle plate and heated by griddle heat source
- Water can be used for cooking and washing up
- Manual temperature control
- Length: 1200mm
- Width: 350mm
- Depth: 300mm
- Volume: 126 litre
- Optional inserts: 2 x Stainless Steel Gastronorm 1/1 150mm with lids
The BOMA chassis is based on the legendary Desert Wolf Leo chassis that is used by off-road enthusiast and defence forces across the globe.
Rugged All-terrain Chassis
- Manufactured from custom 3CR12 stainless steel profiles
- Epoxy coated - black
- Axle width: Customer specified
- Axle PCD: Customer specified
- Axle load capacity: 2500kg
- Leaf springs: Yes – standard
- Air-assist suspension: Yes – standard
- Shock Absorbers: Yes - standard
- Brakes - auto reverse: Yes - standard
- Hand Brake: Yes – standard
- Stabilisation arms: Yes – standard
- Heavy duty jockey wheel and horizontal holder for storage during transport
- Spirit level
- Four height adjustable stabilization jacks (one on each corner) to ensure that the stove can be leveled 100% on any terrain
- Bottom-mounted spare wheel
Stove walkway and steps
- Wide aluminium thread plate walkway around the stove
- Wide self-leveling steps to safely get up on the walkway
- LED rear / brake lights (red)
- LED flashing indicator lights (amber)
- Number plate lights
Desert Wolf is an SABS-approved licensed vehicle manufacturer and the trailer meets all required standards. All BOMA mobile stoves and kitchens are issues with a certificate of manufacture and are ready for on-road registration
The Desert Wolf surveillance canopy has been developed so that it can be fitted to most 4x4 double cab vehicles. The Command and Control operator console boasts two 22” LED screens with single worktop and two seated operators.
The Wolf trailer has 3 top-loading doors and one rear door. Two wheel arch containers. Gas-assisted collapsible frame to lift tent away from trailer. All lids equipped with gas-struts. The main load bins are removable, enabling the trailer to be converted to a flatbed. All body components are grade 304 stainless steel. Lockable and adjustable latches ensure water and dust resistant sealing on all doors. Rugged off-road chassis with solid beam axle, leaf springs, adjustable shocks and axle stabilizer bars. Heavy-duty 360 degrees rotating tow coupler with automatic reverse function and 50 mm / 2 inch ball.