- Self-contained, highly transportable, wide-area communications and surveillance system that is easy and affordable to operate and maintain.
- Innovative, high-performance, next-generation aerostat that delivers 70-kt wind operations, assuring mission availability even in harsh weather conditions.
- Evolved, modular design that is tailored to each customer’s specific mission requirements to ensure best mission performance at the lowest price.
- Star Tower is delivered as a turnkey system and comes equipped with support equipment, tools and spare parts.
Advanced System Features:
- Consolidated winch control – a single operator can control the primary tether winch and the four handling winches from one device, thus reducing the workload.
- Intelligent Winch - the winch automatically retracts the aerostat to counter downdrafts, greatly reducing the risk of breakaways, a problem which is commonly experienced by conventional aerostats.
- Digital Dashboard – the operator display provides complete system situational awareness and control for all the aerostat operations.
- The Star Tower is fully capable of operating in remote field conditions and can be set up and relocated in just a few hours.
Emergency Response Capabilities:
- Wide-area, overhead surveillance and sensing (over 9 000 square miles of RF coverage).
- Secure Wi-Fi network for critical communications with responders.
- Real-time two-way data, VOIP, video relay with responders.
- Ability to set up and commence operations in hours.
- Wide-area secure and public multi-band communications relay.
- On-site data collection, storage and dissemination.
- Ability to monitor and disseminate up to 12 camera data streams.
- Ability to relocate operations easily and quickly.
Ron ‘Oly’ Oholendt
Executive VP for Business Development
Near Space Systems, Inc.
2375 Telstar Dr., Ste 115
Colorado Springs CO 80920