The Desert Wolf BOMA 250+ man diesel-fired field kitchen uses state of the art technology to prepare a variety of meals for 250 to 400 people. Some features:
The BOMA 250+ Mobile Field Kitchen is a truly state of the art product, enabling your chefs to prepare food on the large mutli-purpose griddle and oven, both with independent temperature control, in the most rugged, remote locations.
The BOMA consist of the following components:
- The BOMA Diesel Stove which can be used independently, as a stove in any location. The Diesel Stove can be removed from the trailer with ease
- The BOMA all-terrain trailer, based on the legendary Desert Wolf off-road chassis with stabiliser arms
- The BOMA tent, designed to enable use of the BOMA in even adverse weather conditions.
BOMA Diesel Stove
The BOMA is designed so that two chefs can use the system together with interfering with each other and competing for space in front of the GRIDDLE or OVEN. The BOMA is actually two stoves in one!
The dual diesel heat sources are tuned to burn optimally with no black sooth and is pulsed on and off for accurate temperature control.
Control System Features
- Simplistic control system with graphical user interface, incorporating:
- Independent temperature adjustment for oven and griddle top
- Temperature display for stove top and oven
- Programmable modes
- Recipe database
- How-to guides
- User manuals
- Troubleshooting guides
- Maintenance manuals
- The control systems runs from the tablet that is permanently mounted
- Dual diesel burners with clean burning technology
- Single stage operation (on/off).
- Compatible with any type of combustion chamber.
- High pressure mechanical atomisation of fuel using nozzle.
- Ability to obtain optimal combustion values by regulating combustion air and blast-pipe.
- Maintenance facilitated by the fact that the atomisation unit can be removed without having to remove the burner from the boiler. Manual air flow adjustment.
- Dual diesel filter system accommodating multi-grade diesel
- Combined heat output is 85kW
- Burners controlled electronically and independently
- 35 liter diesel tank with
- Filled by jerry can with spill-proof lip
- Drain valve
- Dual glass level-windows
- Dual diesel filters in-line to diesel burners
- One tank feeds both burners
- The system requires a 220V AC supply for burners fans and diesel pump
- < 0.8 kW required when both burners are running
- < 3.0 kW required when optional geyser is installed and switched on
- 220V AC can be supplied from camp power system or with a separate generator (not supplied)
- System can be supplied with an optional solar power system, consisting of solar panels, regulator, battery and inverter
- System equipped with emergency power On/Off switch, db-board with earth leakage and trip switches, burner active switch, 12V military trip switch and 12V switch for optional LED lights and optional water pressure pump
- The large oven with accurate temperature control has a door on each side
- Digital temperature control
- Width: 700mm
- Depth: 1200mm
- Heights: 500mm
- Volume: 420 litre
Multi-purpose Griddle Plate
- This large plate is used as cooking surface for pot or directly as frying surface
- Digital temperature control
- Equipped with fat trap for easy cleaning
- Accessible from both ends
- Length: 1320mm
- Width: 800mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Volume: 47.5 litre
- Height from floor: 900mm
Hot water tank / Bain Marie
- Situated next to griddle plate and heated by griddle heat source
- Water can be used for cooking and washing up
- Manual temperature control
- Length: 1200mm
- Width: 350mm
- Depth: 300mm
- Volume: 126 litre
- Optional inserts: 2 x Stainless Steel Gastronorm 1/1 150mm with lids
The BOMA chassis is based on the legendary Desert Wolf Leo chassis that is used by off-road enthusiast and defence forces across the globe.
Rugged All-terrain Chassis
- Manufactured from custom 3CR12 stainless steel profiles
- Epoxy coated - black
- Axle width: Customer specified
- Axle PCD: Customer specified
- Axle load capacity: 2500kg
- Leaf springs: Yes – standard
- Air-assist suspension: Yes – standard
- Shock Absorbers: Yes - standard
- Brakes - auto reverse: Yes - standard
- Hand Brake: Yes – standard
- Stabilisation arms: Yes – standard
- Heavy duty jockey wheel and horizontal holder for storage during transport
- Spirit level
- Four height adjustable stabilization jacks (one on each corner) to ensure that the stove can be leveled 100% on any terrain
- Bottom-mounted spare wheel
Stove walkway and steps
- Wide aluminium thread plate walkway around the stove
- Wide self-leveling steps to safely get up on the walkway
- LED rear / brake lights (red)
- LED flashing indicator lights (amber)
- Number plate lights
Desert Wolf is an SABS-approved licensed vehicle manufacturer and the trailer meets all required standards. All BOMA mobile stoves and kitchens are issues with a certificate of manufacture and are ready for on-road registration
FLIR Quark Thermal Camera
The FLIR Quark Thermal camera is ideal for unmanned aerial systems, because of its compact and lightweight and low maintenance properties. The Quark is available in 336 and 640 resolutions, both with 17-micron pixels. It offers a host of features and a suite of powerful image processing modes that can be manually set. The standard frame rate is 8.3Hz, with a high speed 25Hz version is available, subject to the end user and license approval.
The Desert Wolf surveillance canopy has been developed so that it can be fitted to most 4x4 double cab vehicles. The Command and Control operator console boasts two 22” LED screens with single worktop and two seated operators.
The Wolf trailer has 3 top-loading doors and one rear door. Two wheel arch containers. Gas-assisted collapsible frame to lift tent away from trailer. All lids equipped with gas-struts. The main load bins are removable, enabling the trailer to be converted to a flatbed. All body components are grade 304 stainless steel. Lockable and adjustable latches ensure water and dust resistant sealing on all doors. Rugged off-road chassis with solid beam axle, leaf springs, adjustable shocks and axle stabilizer bars. Heavy-duty 360 degrees rotating tow coupler with automatic reverse function and 50 mm / 2 inch ball.
The Cub trailer has 2 top-loading doors and one rear door. Two wheel arch containers. Gas-assisted collapsible frame to lift tent away from trailer. All lids equipped with gas-struts. The main load bin is removable, enabling the trailer to be converted to a flatbed. All body components are grade 304 stainless steel. Lockable and adjustable latches ensure water and dust resistant sealing on all doors. Rugged off-road chassis with solid beam axle, leaf springs, adjustable shocks and axle stabilizer bars. Heavy-duty 360 degrees rotating tow coupler with automatic reverse function and 50 mm / 2 inch ball.
Specialised Command and Control centres have been developed based on different requirements from the various defence forces world wide. These units range from high technology air deployable state of the art units giving the operators a vast range of communication capability with in minutes from deploying to smaller tactical units transporting communication packs for special operations.
Desert Wolf offers a range of standard and custom-made laboratories, analysis equipment and LIMS software for processing plants. They support centralised quality analysis laboratories as well as satellite laboratories close to the processing lines for direct monitoring of process quality.
Do you need a large trailer to transport luggage and/or sporting equipment for large groups or sports teams?
The Desert Wolf Sport Utility is a rugged large trailer with large flip-up sides for easy access to the luggage inside. Optional extras include a roof rack, water tanks,etc.
Contact Desert Wolf should you have any specific needs and requirements.
© 2017 Desert Wolf